Turku, Finland

SO, HERE I COME! I am in Turku, Finland now. I applied for the artist in residence program at Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova Museum in Turku, and I was accepted. The first time I visited this museum was when I was in Rauma in 2011. I met several artists and I came to see the show at LOGOMO as well as many other museums and galleries here in Turku. Of course, it was full of snow on the street back then, but now it's green everywhere.

Turku in 2011

Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova Museum was very impressive to me because of its both sides in it. If you go downstairs, you will meet the medieval city with ruins and artifacts whereas Ars Nova side will offer you contemporary art scene of Finland. In fact, this was the perfect reflection of my mind. I've learned so much about the past and history as well as contemporary art during my study.

Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova Museum

Many of you might know that I was busy with a radio station about for a year as a reporter, a DJ, and hosting concerts, etc. That was unforgettable for me.

Now, I am back in a different kind of art!
I am very glad to be here in Turku to have another page of my Finnish life as well as new experiences through Finnish art scene. Please keep your eyes on the blog to see more update about my art project!
Mary Art Project, indeed!

Comments