the 2nd Gwangju Biennale International Curator Course Day3

WE ALL finished our presentations today. Since I have to go to Seoul tomorrow for our field trip, I might briefly summarize about today.


     Leanne Dmyterko, Jesi Khadivi, Arzu Yayintas, Cole Akers, Kathleen Reinhardt, and Sumesh Sharma did the presentations, I would like to write about these curators more later.(Sorry, guys, I promise I write about your presentation soon!!) 
     And Dan's first lecture was presented after lunch. He talked about his beginning of getting into the art scene of New York, development of his career in Spain, New Museum and the 8th Istanbul Biennale.
 
    I asked why he came to Korea as a visiting professor for the Gwangju Biennale curator course. And what he expects from this course and any influence which might happen to his future curatorship.
    Well, I don't think I got the answer from him yet. Of course, he answered with many things, perhaps, I will keep asking until the end of the course. Questions are very easy to be dismissed if you don't pounder down to the deep end.
    A day just flew out quickly again. I am not really ready to go to Seoul tomorrow for our field trip at 7am, but I am quite excited about Nam June Paik Art Center. See you soon then!

Comments